Respiratory & Pulmonary Care
Rely on respiratory therapists and technologist at UNC Rockingham Health Care to provide excellent lung and breathing care and treatment.
What’s a Respiratory Therapist?
Our respiratory therapists are certified, knowledgeable health professionals who evaluate, treat, and care for you if you have a breathing problem. Your respiratory therapist at UNC Rockingham will work with your doctors to provide the best possible treatment for your condition.
Conditions We Treat
Turn to your respiratory team for the care of:
Find a wide range of diagnostic tests and treatments for lung and breathing conditions.
- Bi-level positive airway pressure (BiPAP) – Provides pressure during inhale and exhale to help you breathe easier
- Bronchodilator therapy – Uses medication to open your airway and make breathing easier
- Chest physiotherapy – Helps drain mucus from your lungs
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) – Increases the air pressure in your throat to improve breathing
- Incentive spirometry
- Mechanical ventilation management
- Oxygen therapy, including high flow oxygen therapy
High Flow Oxygen Therapy
If you have COPD and other severe lung conditions that make it hard for you to breath, you may receive heated high flow oxygen therapy in the hospital. This type of respiratory support delivers warm, humidified air through your nose to help you breathe.