Conflict Resolution with Medical Team
Conflict can happen every day; it is a part of life. No one likes conflict. Sometimes it happens when a patient is very sick. We respect the patient’s right to refuse treatment. However, sometimes a person requests to start or continue a treatment that the doctor does not believe will help the patient. This may cause conflict. If a conflict occurs, you and your doctor have several choices. These are some of the steps you can take to resolve the conflict.
- Talk to the doctor and ask why the treatment/intervention will not work. Are there other options?
- Tell your nurse that you would like to speak with someone from:
- Social Work/Case Management
- Transition Management
- You can request a second opinion from another doctor. Your doctor does not have to follow the advice offered in the second opinion.
- Next, if you and your doctor still disagree, you can ask your nurse to request a consult with the hospital’s Quality Department at the hospital.
- Finally, you may request a transfer to another doctor at UNC Rockingham Health Care or to another facility willing to follow your wishes.