The Rockingham Health Care Foundation is a non-profit foundation which exists to support the patients and services of UNC Rockingham Health Care.
The Rockingham Health Care Foundation exists to acquire charitable gifts and bequests that assist UNC Rockingham Health Care in fulfilling its mission to meet the healthcare needs of the community.
The generous support of our donors has allowed the Rockingham Health Care Foundation to raise funds for a variety of projects, including:
- Cancer Patient Assistance: the Foundation provides assistance for transportation, medication, nutrition, co-pays, and much more
- Patient Refreshment Area at UNC Cancer Care at Eden, A Service of UNC Hospitals
- Patient Family Resource Room at UNC Cancer Care at Eden, A Service of UNC Hospitals
- Lobby renovations and West Hall room updates for UNC Rockingham Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center
- Bilichek meter for Birthing Center
- Flexible cystoscopes for Surgical Services
Why to Give
Reimbursements from state, federal, and private health insurance plans are shrinking—even as health care costs increase. 30% of patients at UNC Rockingham Health Care have government-funded insurance, the reimbursement rates of which are lower than those of commercial insurance providers. More than 13% of adults in Rockingham County—about 8,000 people—have no insurance at all.
Your gift helps UNC Rockingham continue providing life-saving care, regardless of patients' ability to pay.
Ways to Give