Alert

Sandy Johnson

"This place always feels like home."

Sandy Johnson

Sandy Johnson (bottom right) feels like she’s with family whenever she goes to UNC Rockingham Health Care. Sandy’s mother Cindy, who died in 2013, worked at the hospital for 35 years. She was Director of the Cardiopulmonary and Cardiovascular Departments. Once a month, some of her mother’s former co-workers — Jane Younts, Annette White and Pam Boothe-Wilson (standing l to r), take Sandy out to dinner.

Because of Sandy’s health, her father, Skip Johnson (bottom left) says they count on the hospital and depend on the wonderful care.

“The nurses are just amazing,” Sandy says. "They always treat me like I’m their best friend, making me laugh and joking around."

Sandy has a fond memory of what two nurses did for her one fall afternoon. "I was in the hospital just before Halloween," she says. "I told my two nurses, Wanda and Heaven, that I just had to be home for my favorite holiday. And you know what? With their help, I was able leave the hospital just before the trick-or-treaters were out, and that evening I was handing out candy to the kids!"