Choose UNC Rockingham for your entire family’s primary care needs. Partner with an expert at UNC Family Medicine at Eden who gets to know you, treats urgent health concerns when they happen, and helps you reach your long-term health goals.
Why Do I Need Primary Care?
Primary care is the day-to-day health care you need to protect and improve your health. Your primary care provider (PCP):
- Diagnoses and treats acute (short-term) and chronic (long-term) conditions
- Recommends and provides preventive care, including vaccinations and screenings, that are right for you
- Offers education on healthy choices
- Helps you navigate services at UNC as well as outside the health system
- Gives referrals and coordinates care when and if you need care from a specialist
Primary Care Services
Receive high-quality, affordable care at a convenient office close to your home in Eden, North Carolina. When you have symptoms of an illness or injury, contact your PCP. You can also visit your PCP for:
- Physical exams
- Ongoing management of chronic conditions including asthma, diabetes, and hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Medication management
- Routine health screenings for blood pressure, depression, retinopathy, and other problems
- On-site blood tests and lab services
- Referrals for other services, including mental health care
Women’s Health Care
Trust our PCPs for specialized primary care for women, including:
Children’s Health Services
Give your child a foundation for a healthy, happy life. Take your child to their PCP for well-child physicals and for treatment of everyday illnesses and injuries. Your child’s doctor will monitor your child’s growth and development and offer preventive care, including immunizations to prevent health problems.
Online Behavioral Health Visits
Talk to your PCP if you have symptoms of anxiety, depression, or other mental illness. Your PCP may suggest you take part in telehealth behavioral health sessions with a licensed social worker at UNC Carolina Advanced Health in Chapel Hill. There’s no travel involved, the secure online sessions take place at our office. This service is available for adult patients.