Count on trained professionals at UNC Rockingham Health Care for accurate, high-quality lab tests. You and your doctor use lab test results to make informed decisions about your health.
Laboratory services are available at UNC Rockingham 24/7 for all patients. Get outpatient lab work with a doctor’s order between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Recognized Lab & Certified Staff
Trust UNC Rockingham to deliver superior care. The College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredits our laboratory services. That means we ensure:
- Correct, safe testing
- Follow high lab standards and practices
- Have CAP inspections every two years
Get reliable collection and processing of your lab tests. All our phlebotomists, medical laboratory technicians, and medical technologists have professional certifications and experience using sophisticated lab equipment.
Lab & Pathology Services
Rely on the lab care team for a wide range of lab tests and services, including:
- Blood bank – Stores blood for use at the hospital
- Chemistry screen – Measures the levels of substances in your blood, such as electrolytes and lipids
- Blood clotting (coagulation) tests – Check for bleeding problems and the effectiveness of blood-thinning medications
- Cell (cytology) tests, such as a Pap test – Study cells in body fluids under a microscope to detect disease
- Blood (hematology) tests – Assess and count blood cells to find blood diseases and potential problems
- Immunology tests, such as allergy tests – Evaluate the health and responses of the immune system
- Microbiology tests – Detect the bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses that cause infections
- Urinalysis – Tests urine for disease, drugs, etc.
Your Test Results
Receive your test results from the doctor who ordered your test. You also can check your My UNC Chart online account for lab results.