Heart & Vascular Care
If you need a test to check the health of your heart and blood vessels, choose UNC Rockingham Health Care in Eden, North Carolina, for expert services.
Find out how your heart is working or if you are at risk for a heart or vascular problem with testing at UNC Rockingham. A nurse or certified ultrasound technician with years of experience will perform your test and help you feel comfortable during the exam.
These tests show your heart’s valves, structure, and movement:
- Echocardiogram – Moves a small ultrasound device over your chest to take pictures of the heart
- Transesophageal echocardiogram – Takes ultrasound images from the back of the heart by using a tiny camera that slides down your throat
Cardiac Stress Tests
Check the strength of your heart with:
- Exercise stress test – Records your heart’s activity while you walk on a treadmill
- Dobutamine stress test – Uses medicine rather than exercise to make your heart pump harder for a short time
- Nuclear stress test – Delivers mildly radioactive material to your blood vessels to show blood flow to your heart after exercise
- Stress echocardiogram – Measures the heart’s electrical activity and uses ultrasound to show your heart as it pumps harder
Find out how healthy your blood vessels are with:
A cardiologist (heart doctor) will review your test results and give them to your primary care provider within 48 business hours. Expect a call from your primary care provider to discuss the results and next steps. If you need treatment, you may receive a referral to a specialist for expert care.
Your Heart & Blood Circulation
Explore our health library to learn more information about your heart and blood vessels.