General Hospital Information
We are a nonprofit, 108-bed community hospital preserving excellent, compassionate and trusted care where it is needed most: close to home. As a cornerstone in Eden, N.C., and a major employer, we serve people throughout Rockingham County and in neighboring Southern Virginia areas. In addition to inpatient, outpatient, surgical and emergency care, we offer diagnostic and treatment services, provide screenings and tests and lead wellness initiatives. Our strong community ties motivate us to raise our standards every day, assuring that we provide trusted care, close to home.
- A state of the art Birthing Center where mothers labor in well-appointed, home-like comfort
- An on-campus, 121-bed, long-term care facility offering skilled nursing and rehabilitation
- A Wound Care Center with the area’s only hyperbaric chambers offering state-of-the-art care for difficult-to-heal wounds
- An Occupational Health Center that supports local industries and businesses with wellness and injury and workers’ compensation management
- An on-site Cancer Center making it possible for patients to receive treatment in the comfort of their community
- An Urgent Care Center, Morehead West, in Mayodan, N.C.
- More than 15 service areas and clinics round out our delivery of community based health and wellness. (See the Service tab on this site for more details.)
- Active Medical Staff of 28, consulting staff of 14, courtesy staff of 41, contingent staff of 121, dental staff of 1, honorary staff of 3 and an Allied Health Professional staff of 45
- Modern Equipment and Procedures: Electronic Medical Records System, CT, MRI, Lithotripsy, Vascular Laboratory, Laser Surgery, Angiography, Digital Mammography, Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Procedures
- 108 beds including 81 Med-Surg, 9 Intensive Care, 12 Birthing Center (LDRP)
UNC Rockingham Health Care's Community Health Needs Assessment 2014-2016
UNC Rockingham Health Care, in compliance with the Federal Affordable Care Act, is posting our Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Plan for 2014-16. Preparation of this Assessment and implementation plan was a year long process. We hope these documents will inform the public as to what UNC Rockingham Health Care will be doing to address the health needs of our community in the years to come.
We wish to publicly thank the North Carolina Care Share Health Alliance and the Rockingham County Healthcare Alliance for their facilitation in the preparation of this Assessment and Implementation Plan.
Download our Compiled Implementation Plans with Cost Allocation – August 2013 [PDF]
Download our CHNA Signed Document August 2013 [PDF]
Awarded Stage 6 status by HIMSS Analytics, recognizing significant advancements in IT capabilities (2015).
UNC Rockingham Health Care is accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare, Inc., an accrediting body authorized by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The public may contact DNV-GL to report any concerns or register complaints about a DNV-GL accredited health care organization by using the web form at http://dnvglhealthcare.com/patient-complaint-report to submit complaints directly to DNV GL – Healthcare.
Complaints may also be submitted by e-mail; email@example.com, phone 866-496-9647, fax 513-947-1250, or postal mail:
ATTN: Hospital Complaint
DNV GL – Healthcare
400 Techne Center Drive, Suite 100
Milford, OH 45150
UNC Rockingham Health Care’s medical laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
UNC Rockingham Health Care has received ISO 9001:2008 certification, a designation that assures that it has met a host of quality management standards established by the International Organization of Standards (ISO).